The working life---the dawn of a new era

Or so it seems to two college graduates. And so it is with trepidation and excitement that we venture into this world, armed with a handful of recipes and an old spatula. Two women from both ends of the world, bonded by years of friendship and a newly discovered passion for cooking and baking. Care to join us?

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cashew Curry

I tried my hand at cooking again. This time I wanted to make something I could eat with rice. I chose cashew curry because I figured vegetables would be easier to cook than a meat dish. The recipe was taken from 101cookbooks.com, the writer of which focuses on cooking natural and whole foods and ingredients.

I overcooked my cauliflower and I got mixed reviews on the amount of curry powder used. My brother thought there was too much and my other brother thought there wasn't enough. I highly recommend adding the cashews after the dish has cooled for longer so they don't cook and lose their crunch. I would make this dish again. It was healthy and easy to cook -only one pot was needed.

Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment