The working life---the dawn of a new era

Or so it seems to two college graduates. And so it is with trepidation and excitement that we venture into this world, armed with a handful of recipes and an old spatula. Two women from both ends of the world, bonded by years of friendship and a newly discovered passion for cooking and baking. Care to join us?

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Arugula salad with Lemon-Romano Dressing

Wow! After such a long unintentional hiatus, I finally made something I haven't made before--completely unplanned and last minute too! I wanted some salad, and have always been a huge fan of arugula. The only dressing I had at home was one of those asian kinds, which didn't really go super well with arugula (not too bad, but not amazing either). So, I decided to try and make my own dressing!

It was actually relatively easy, I just tossed everything into the Magic Bullet and let it do all the work. The salad itself is just arugula, some chopped tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. The dressing was pretty easy to do also, but I didn't have any Parmesan, so I used Romano instead, and it still tasted good! It was just basically some olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and Romano (Parmesan) cheese. Will definitely try this again--delicious! :D

Here's the end result:


No comments:

Post a Comment